I just had to open my big mouth.... - Having Fun in Colorado

4/29/2010

I just had to open my big mouth....

So today we were supposed to start getting snow near the 5:00 commute but when I opened the blinds this morning we already had about 4 inches.  This will be the first time that I've had to drive into Denver in snow like this.  Thankfully it's Thursday and tomorrow will be the last day I have to go into the city for this week.  I'm a little nervous but I'll be leaving early so I can take my time.  6% grades are a scary thing in the snow!


So I wrote that little bit earlier this morning and now I'm back from class.  To show you how crazy the weather is here this is now what the pool area looks like
It didn't rain or anything just the sun melted everything cause it's so darn close.  Anyway, the drive wasn't bad or so I thought until I pulled into the parking lot for class and noticed a 4" crack in my windshield.  That's not even the best part, after sitting in the lot for four hours it had increased in size by about another 3" maybe.  

I heard a rock hit it while I was on I-70, gotta love a big rig going 70 that throws one at you, but I didn't see anything when I looked.  I don't know how I missed it.  I knew it was going to crack eventually, EVERYONE here has a cracked windshield.  I thought it would at least make it through the first winter.  Pete's cracked a few weeks ago too.  Thankfully they are both on the passenger side but what a pain.

No comments:

@way2themes