4.7.10 - Having Fun in Colorado

4/07/2010

4.7.10

So today both Pete and I were up at the crack of dawn.  I don't know what it is about Colorado snow that does that.  Pete checked the snow reports, as is his custom, and Vail reported 19" on top of the 13" that fell yesterday.  He was feeling really crappy but decided to hit it anyway.  His plan was to meet Andy and Sheila after 10:30 when Andy was out of work.  Pete took a few more videos yesterday that we didn't upload to YouTube yet.  I'll be sure to post it when it's ready.  I made him an egg mcmuffin to go and he hit the road.

I drank my coffee, read another 3 months of Jeff's Blog and tried to figure out what I wanted to get done today.  I added a few more recipes to my priority list and am excited to report that I ordered cheesecloth yesterday.   Every time I find something in the book that I think can be done with what I have in the house calls for clarified butter and to make that I need cheesecloth.  So needless to say I can't wait for it's arrival.

Working out today sucked big time.  My body is killing me, it hurts so much that I can't even get comfortable to sleep.  I can't wait to be back in shape, I remember how good I felt.  So I've kinda implemented a rule that I won't eat breakfast until I've worked out.  It's making me get it done in the morning.  It also allows me to have a bit of an appetite before I sit down.  Today I had blueberry yogurt, a boiled egg (trying to get rid of them), and a half english muffin with blackberry jelly and of course my strawberry kombucha.  No picture since it's pretty explanatory and my camera batteries were dead.

Looks like we're heading out into the storm tonight, not really it's barley snowing anymore, to hang with Emil.  I've decided that I'll be making Chicken Curry with Peas and Coconut Rice with Toasted Coconut & Almond Garnish.  Sounds good to me.  I've taken the chicken out to thaw before I can get started on the whole thing.

I took inventory for this pantry challenge.  Since I'll be trying to curtail spending, every penny I spend at the store will be accounted for.  But don't worry I won't do it in a boring way.

As Pete says you need an avalanche course to open our freezer.  It's really true, I felt horrible this morning at the crack of dawn as I went to get breakfast sausage out of the freezer about 5 things came crashing to the ground.  And don't get me wrong, I do everything in my power to stop this from happening but if you put one thing in the wrong place it's a disaster.  I can't wait until I can buy the exact fridge I need.  See it's really the simple things that can make me happy, lol.  But now it's been reorganized so I have a little more room
 and I took out some bread that needed to be de-thawed. 
Pete got home really late from skiing so we ended up having fast food for dinner instead of the coconut rice that I started earlier in the day.  I was going to make chicken curry to go with it but when I talked to Pete on his way home he wanted shrimp.  Needless to say now I have copious amounts of food that need to be cooked in the fridge.  2 packages (4 breasts of chicken) and about 30 shrimp.  Thankfully now I have room to freeze the ham and make some room. Tomorrow's gonna be a busy day.

No comments:

@way2themes