4.19.10 - Having Fun in Colorado

4/19/2010

4.19.10

Today I paid, well Pete did, for my bartending course.  It's nice to know that 10 years corporate experience can't even get me a waitressing job.  A friend told me today that the people that he's tried to talk me up to for jobs instantly get intimidated by my experience.  So this will be a way to make some restaurant contacts and get the money for culinary school.  It will also get me an internship at Keystone which will hopefully lead to a job there which means free ski passes to all mountains in Colorado plus Lake Tahoe for your entire family and that's what it's all about here. 

We now have a Wii on loan, for us to use, for about a month.  So mom/dad please send me the games until we figure how to get the console out here.

Other than that we watched the races at Texas Motor Speedway.

Both the Sprint and Nationwide races were rained out this week so they ran both races today.  Amazingly Denny Hamlin, who just had knee surgery 19 days ago to repair a torn ACL, rallied and won the race.

And as I said in the previous post, we watched the Mets game against Chicago. 

We'll have some leftovers for dinner and off to bed.  We're doing a bunch of running around tomorrow then we have plans with friends tomorrow night so it'll be awhile before I'll get a chance to post anything.

No comments:

@way2themes