Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry & Honey - Having Fun in Colorado

4/15/2010

Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry & Honey

So I'm trying to make a few things that I've seen on other people's blogs but only with things I have in the house already.  There is no point in me buying more food when Pete is out of town.

So here is my first task.  I know that I've been blowing Martha off but I need to buy a lot of stuff for her lessons and the point is not to stray from the recipe.  Plus doesn't "Ricotta Filled Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce"  sound amazing?

I tend to stock up on frozen berries so I thought for a few seconds if I wanted to sub the blueberries for blackberries.  I decided against it since I bought the blackberries for Mojitos that I haven't tried to make yet and because a mojito needs sugar cane in it and I don't know where to buy that yet.  I think I might need to take mom shopping so we can check out a few of the huge markets I heard about. 

Anyway, you start off with making the sauce.  I made a very small portion since it was me and did it to taste but I'll estimate my ingredients.  I can't believe that I used to be nervous about zesting.  I think that I thought that I would go to far into the rind.  Shows what a little practice can do.
Sauce:
1/4 cup frozen blueberry
T honey
orange zest and splash of orange juice
Filling:
Ricotta cheese
Orange Zest
T Honey

Pancakes:
I made the smallest Bisquick which was half the standard pancake recipe.
So I spooned some batter into the muffin pan and topped it with the cheese mixture. 
When you cover it with some more batter and pop it into the oven.

I wasn't very happy with how mine came out.  It was very cakey and I really needed to use more cheese. Here is what my final looked like, not very appetizing but now I know for next time. 


No comments:

@way2themes