Milk Chocolate Turtles - Having Fun in Colorado

4/25/2010

Milk Chocolate Turtles

Now these didn't come out as nice as I wanted them to but everyone really liked them.  I was given some homemade caramel from a friend.  Not the traditional recipe, it was honey based, so it was a little more runny than I'm used to.  Plus I haven't gotten my disposable pastry bags yet.  If I had them I could have piped it onto the pecans and it would have been much easier but I managed. 

What you'll need:
26 Pecan Halves
1/4 cup caramel
1/4 bag milk chocolate chips

I had laid out the pecans for two sizes.  I wanted to do 1 pecan for bite size chocolates and then the standard 3 pecan formation.

Next I spooned the caramel and as you can see it was a little runny.  I kept putting the tray in the freezer so I could mold them a little better.  It really helped. 
I got my water boiling and put a glass bowl on top to double boil the chocolate and instead of dipping them like I should have a just put a dollop on top and smoothed it out. 


The problem with not dipping them was the caramel was under the pecans and I ended up having to stick them to a sheet of parchment paper .  It worked out and I have some in the freezer for any guests that we'll have coming to visit.  Quantities are limited. 

1 comment:

  1. Reposted from FoodBuzz - 4/9/10 7:09 pm
    The Ardent Epicure said:
    I love truffles

    ReplyDelete

@way2themes