McDonald's New York City Cupcakes - Having Fun in Colorado

4/09/2010

McDonald's New York City Cupcakes

McDonald's in Germany have created a line of cupcakes based on Manhattan neighborhoods but I'm really not sure that it's done all that well.

Chelsea Cupcake: 'Chelsea was once terribly hip, sometimes not, and then again. Was that too fast? Well, that's New York. My tip: just relax on the harbor or simply sit by the lake and a chocolate cup-cake with your personal feeling happy period Chelsea.'
Crystal's Response:  Where in the hell do you sit by a lake in Chelsea?  I'm just asking, cause the only things I see in Chelsea are well dressed gay men.  And is it just me or does the 'My Tip' section of the paragraph not make any sense?
Central Park Cupcake: 'Tip and central park? Throughout New York hangs out here. My tip: Just get yourself a cup strawberry-cake, sit down at any bank and enjoy your very personal Central Park Moment.'
Crystal's Response:  Again, who wrote this?  And did anyone proof read it?  I took the wording directly from their site.  And the Central Park girl is supposed to be earthy?  Have they ever been on Central Park West?  No earthly girls there, that's for sure.

SoHo Cupcake: 'Sightseeing? Everything here is worth seeing: catch at the Houston Street, and work your way slowly through the south. Or get just a bit of Soho in your home country: After a spree breath through your town a bit and draw the view once again small. At Vanilla cup-cake, perhaps. But only briefly, because he is sooo yummy.'
Crystal's Response:  Do I really need to say it again?  Did they use Google translator to get this to English?  It makes me mad that I even decided to write about this when I heard of it.  And again, nothing like an actual New Yorker that lives in Soho. 

East Village Cupcake: 'Here come from the most famous artists in New York. And here in dozens of tourists looking for new art galleries. I now play Andy Warhol once and tell everything what I like to art. This cappuccino cup cake = for example: all great art.'
Crystal's Response:   AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! Who was the editor!  Anyway, this was about the most correct of all the generalizations.  But really in NY hipsters are EVERYWHERE not just in the Village.

I can't believe that this is actually out there for publicity but it is what it is.  Thankfully I won't have to see these ads again anytime soon.

No comments:

@way2themes