Kielbasa with Smashed Red Potatoes and Steamed Artichokes - Having Fun in Colorado

4/28/2010

Kielbasa with Smashed Red Potatoes and Steamed Artichokes

So Pete surprised me and was home for dinner tonight so I needed to throw something together.  I decided that today is the perfect day to unveil the Luger Sauce.  I made this the other day finally!  Now I don't need to wait for someone to send me any.

So here is what I decided I needed to use for the sauce:
Ketchup
Yellow Mustard
Brown Sugar
White Vinegar
Horseradish
Here is the final product, Pete did add a little more horseradish to his tonight with dinner so next time I'll be adding more of that too.

I pulled 2 artichokes from the freezer.  They hold up really good I was surprised.  It's nice to know I'll be able to get veggies on sale or from the farmers market and after a little bit of work we'll be able to eat whatever we like year round and totally natural.  As suggested by Martha I made Thyme butter.  So good every time and it can't get any easier.  Melt butter and herbs, done!

I had some red potatoes to use up so I made Smashed Potatoes with sour cream and thyme.  They were a little bland, I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't taste.  Always a mistake.  We added some of the Hawaiian salt and it made such a difference.  

I fried some kielbasa in the cast iron and we were ready to eat.

No comments:

@way2themes