The Perfect Breakfast for a Rainy Morning - Having Fun in Colorado

8/02/2010

The Perfect Breakfast for a Rainy Morning

A great breakfast for winter, especially before skiing, but today it was another cold, rainy day and I figured we should have something substantial.

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy - Such a cheap thing to make.  Since it's just the two of us I buy the half size biscuits.  Soon I'll be making them in advance and freezing them so nothing gets wasted.  Plus when you make the gravy you can get 3 meals.  I portion it out and freeze what's leftover for next time. 

Scrambled Eggs - It's always a good call to have some protein with breakfast it will keep you full and energized for longer, especially when it's a carb/sugar based meal. 

Fresh Fruit - I've been on a Kiwi kick for the past week or so.  I noticed it on sale and grabbed a few and ever since I've been having 1 a day.  So good and it's almost as refreshing to me to eat them instead of having a glass of juice in the morning.  Plus eating the fruit in it's whole form you get more fiber from it. 

Although it's not an ideal breakfast it was nutritious and filling.  It definitely held me over until lunch.  

4 comments:

  1. I love biscuits and gravy! Just became a follower of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some biscuits and gravy! Cute little blog here...where in Colorado are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Idaho Springs...but hopefully not for long.

    ReplyDelete

@way2themes