Home Sweet Home - Having Fun in Colorado

8/11/2010

Home Sweet Home

Not wanting to jinx anything I've been holding off on this post for about a week now.  I'm excited to say that we're moving out of the ghetto (otherwise known as the Big Horn Apartments) into a house on Peak 7 in Breckenridge.  It's really almost unheard of.  We are only minutes from the Gondola.  This season is going to be Epic.

I haven't really taken too many pictures of it since we didn't want to seem over eager but the ones from the owners site are good.  Here is the outside:

As you can see from the first picture there are some stairs that lead from the road to the house.  Hopefully it won't be too hard to move stuff down.  Here's a shot of the stairs going up.
It's got a great deck so we can get back to grillin'  I'm psyched to get to use my Bobby Flay Cookbooks that have been collecting dust for the past year.
And I know it doesn't sound like much we have a half acre to ourselves.  It feels like 50 after all these years living on top of people.  We can't wait for winter so we can (maybe, we need to check first for insurance reasons) put up some boxes and rails in the back to practice on.  So much better doing it in your our backyard where there are only a few people to point and laugh at you when you fall.


The main thing that we were looking for, since this is going to be a business as well as a house was the vaulted living room ceiling.  Gotta have a good drum room.  (These are more pictures from the site.  I'll post new ones when the house it set up with our stuff)  It has a gas stove, which will be great after a long day of skiing.

The kitchen isn't ideal but I'll work with it.  It has a dishwasher and a moderate sized pantry.  I've been dying in our apartment now since the refrigerator/freezer has no where near enough shelves to keep everything organized.  So the saving grace of this kitchen is the double door fridge.  It's really the little things that make me happy.  We plan on taking some of this dead space in the basement to use for cold storage.  Plus there is a mud room off the kitchen that could be used for the same.  I have a feeling that will be where all the bikes/skis/skateboards/snowboards/boots/jackets will be going.  Just wait until we have to get kayaks!  


There is a master suite that has it's own balcony, but we're giving that up to our wonderful roommates for the first year of the lease.  We'll take it over when they move next summer.  For now we're on the main floor.

So on to the basement.  It has a ton of storage which is great because Pete will finally have a place for all his gear and it's nice and chilly down there so it'll cost less for AC.  The laundry room is down here too.  Tons of storage!  I'm so happy to be able to spread out in more than 4 rooms.  It's about time.
On top of all this other good news, I managed to get a job too!  Nothing special at the moment, just a hostess, but I do have some opportunity to grow.  Plus it's nice to learn the business with no pressure.  I can't wait until we're settled in Breck since it'll cut my commute in half.  Gotta love that summer traffic.

No comments:

@way2themes