Roasted Chicken with Veggies - Having Fun in Colorado

4/25/2010

Roasted Chicken with Veggies

So we had some drumsticks that we grabbed at the store this week and when Pete suggested it for dinner it sounded so good I couldn't say no.  Plus it's the easiest thing to make.

What you'll need:
6 chicken drumsticks
15 mini red potatoes - Cut in quarters
6 carrots
1 yellow onion
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

To start I seasoned the chicken with salt & pepper, Adobo and Spike Seasoning and of course some olive oil. I can thank Josie for introducing me to Adobo.  It's the best for seasoning chicken, pork or anything else you can think of.  The Spike seasoning was mentioned a lot in Naturally Thin.  I stumbled across it in the store a few months ago and I've never looked back.

I chopped all the veggies and tossed them with salt & pepper and olive oil so they would roast in the oven.  I checked my book and Martha has a recipe for roasting carrots but it was with parsnips so I decided to wait to do it her way next time.  Then everything was put in the roasting pan.

I cooked it for about 2 hours.  I thought it was only going to take about an hour.  Thank goodness we weren't in a hurry to eat.  It came out so good and, what I love the most about cooking dishes like this, we had leftovers. 

No comments:

@way2themes