4.28.10 - Having Fun in Colorado

4/28/2010

4.28.10

Nothing much going on here today.  Pete went to hang with some friends after picking up his gear for his rafting training next week.  Now if we ever want to go we can do it ourselves.  I think that's so much better than going with a bunch of gapers. 

Class today was great as usual.  The thing I love best about my instructor is that he's a chef as well as having 25 years experience in the restaurant business.  It's been nice to pick his brain and not have to feel bad about taking time from the rest of the class.  Plus he thinks that the passion I have for cooking will only do good things to help me move up the ranks faster.  He said you can't teach someone passion and a smile so I'm already a head of the game.  Who would have thought that the angst ridden teenager I was would eventually morph into a smiling adult.  Not me that's for sure!  But when I engage people I do tend to smile a lot so as long as it works in my favor I have no complaints.  But I do have permission to break out the Brooklyn if someone crosses the line.  Always good to know.

Now I've mentioned all the crazy things you see here, but I really think NY is trying to pull me back because all I've been seeing lately are yellow cabs.  Here is one I saw at Wal-Mart. 
I had to stop and think where I was for a second.  I would like to know who doesn't have a car here?  Seriously!  I mean there is public transportation in Denver, buses and the elevated subway, and a free shuttle that runs in summit county to all the ski resorts but that's it.  If you expect to get anywhere here you better have a car.

Then on the way and home from my class I pass a vintage cab with a Thule case on it.  For those of you that don't know, a Thule case is a large plastic storage unit on the top of your car.  It can be used for any kind of gear but I would think it's most well known for being packed full of skies so you can fit more people in the car.  Only in Colorado would you see something like this.

On a positive note, I've again reached a higher marker for my gas mileage

 I'm not sure what's up with Pete for dinner so more than likely I'll be making some organic soup and a sandwich.  I don't need anything special when it's just me.  I cooked a bunch before my class started so since we're on a weird schedule I have a daily food post even if I don't make anything for dinner.  Isn't that the way it always should be?

No comments:

@way2themes