Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Fruit - Having Fun in Colorado

4/17/2010

Oatmeal Cookies with Dried Fruit

So here is a cookie recipe that I've had for awhile and I figured it was time to give it a try.

Mix your dry ingredients in a bowl:
3 cups oats
1 cup flour
1 t salt
1/2 t baking soda

Mix your wet ingredients in another bowl:  Whisk until that butter is totally blended in
6 T butter (room temp)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 Egg
1/4 cup water
t vanilla

In thirds add the dry mix to the wet mix and stir with a wooden spoon

When it's all mixed together

Add 1 cup dried berries.  I used the rest of the bag I had in the fridge of mixed dried berries  and supplemented it with chopped dried apricots.

This is where the mixing gets tough, but you have to make sure that it's evenly distributed

I started scooping them onto cookie sheets and I cooked them 350 for 13 minutes.

Since this makes about 3 dozen cookies, I had to transfer them to racks to cool so I could get my other batches into the oven.

I LOVE the way they came out.  Crispy outside chewy inside.  I'll be taking a better picture of them, maybe, later.  If I do I'll post it.  I think I'm taking them to Vail tomorrow to hand out since Pete and I never eat a full batch.  Maybe I'll make a care package for Andy & Sheila too. 

2 comments:

  1. I love including dried berries instead of raisins. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marly I was really happy with them. At everyone that had one at Vail really liked them too!

    ReplyDelete

@way2themes