Closing Day at Vail - The preperation - Having Fun in Colorado

4/17/2010

Closing Day at Vail - The preperation


So tomorrow is the last day, of the last major resort on our pass, Vail.  Thank goodness that A Basin will be open until June 6th.  That way it's only 3 trips to the glacier to make my goal for the year.

Sheila and I were set to meet up today to take a few runs and hang out but the weather in Breckenridge, where she lives, was rain with a bit of snow so we decided that tomorrow at Vail would be more fun.  I looked up the event schedule: World Pond Skimming Championships in Golden Peak will begin at 2:30 p.m. with a free BBQ while food supplies last. The competition will run until approximately 4:30 p.m., followed by a free outdoor concert from Guster at Checkpoint Charlie in Vail Village.

I can't believe that I'm going to be attending the World Pond Skimming Championships.  It's going to be way more packed than Steamboat and I'll be lucky if I can get any pictures.

I'm sure we'll check out the BBQ, who doesn't love free food?  But I'm trying to figure out some stuff to cook for lunch tomorrow in case we grill at Blue Sky Basin which I haven't done before.  We might even stay for the concert, anything is possible on closing day.

Since I remember what it was like standing in the sun watching I'm planning on dressing more appropriately for the occasion, lots and lots of layers.  I'm already off to a better start than last time since I'll be in my snowboarding boots instead of heels.

No comments:

@way2themes