Cheesecake with Mixed Berries - Having Fun in Colorado

8/02/2010

Cheesecake with Mixed Berries

I was really in the mood for cheesecake the other night and wasn't feelin' making one from scratch so I grabbed one at the store, NY style.  This was my last indulgence.  Since I'm trying to push myself to cook/bake my new rule is I cook it or I don't get it.  Simple enough. 

I really like to have berries with my cheesecake and I knew I had some blueberries and strawberries in the freezer from the last time they were on sale.  So much easier to work with than the bagged frozen berries with all that juice. 

I added the berries, honey, 1/4 cup water, 1/2 lemon juiced and a touch of natural sugar and gave it a mash (this is before I had cut up the strawberries)

It came out so good after it had cooked down for about 15 minutes

Mmmmm...Tastes as good as it looks

1 comment:

  1. that would have been a good b-day dessert if you remembered today was the day.
    miss ya
    LOVE YA
    call me
    (it's early yur time)

    ReplyDelete

@way2themes