Snack Bar on the Green? - Having Fun in Colorado

5/30/2010

Snack Bar on the Green?


"This" makes me so sad.  The famed Tavern on the Green has been turned into a snack bar.  After the restaurant filed for Chapter 11 in September 2009 the new owners and the union haven't been able to negotiate a contract that will get it up and running again.  It seems in desperation Michael Bloomberg, mayor of NYC, is trying to make the best of a bad situation and decided it should be made a tourist center and snack bar.  On Regis & Kelly last week Regis said Donald Trump should take it over, and I have to agree that it's the best idea.  The Donald was quoted as saying “If I could help the city and the city wanted me to get involved, I could be open”. “It really is a special place. Only a person with a lot of money can rebuild and resurrect Tavern. And I have a lot of money.”

No comments:

@way2themes