Apple Blueberry Crisp - Having Fun in Colorado

5/11/2010

Apple Blueberry Crisp

Since the Peach & Blueberry Crisp came out really good I wanted to try it with some of the apples I picked up at the store the other day. 

I chopped up three apples and threw in a 1/4 bag frozen blueberries, butter, cinnamon & sugar and started to cook it down
In hindsight I should have added some water to it, next time.

While it was cooking down I made my crisp topping, oats to your taste, whole wheat this time I was happy to find them at the store, T flour, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 3 T butter.  Next time I'll be cutting the butter to 2 T, 3 was a bit much.
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees, and layer in a pan.  I drizzled some honey on top.  Good decision, BTW.

Bake until Golden Brown, about 45 minutes

This time I decided to serve it with all-natural low-fat vanilla ice cream

Since I can only eat a little of this at a time I took some canning jars I had laying around and thought it would be a good way to freeze this so the next time I want it I won't have to make it.  The canning jars are two servings I'd say.

No comments:

@way2themes