Moroccan Lentil Soup - Having Fun in Colorado

5/11/2010

Moroccan Lentil Soup

So I found this "recipe" last week and finally got around to making it.  I wanted to stock pile some hearty vegetable soup in the freezer and I think this was perfect, hopefully Pete will like it.
I started with step 1 sauteing onions, ginger and garlic

Then filling the pot with everything else needed, Lentils (the recipe called for red but I used whitish lentils instead), Canned tomatoes, carrots, celery etc.

The thing that drew me to this soup was the variety of spices in it.  Especially the garam masala, something I started using recently and I fell in love.

I let it cook down for an hour and a half

I blended 1/2 the soup per the instructions and remixed it.  I think I went a little overboard.  Now I know for next time that I prefer it with more veggies.

I toasted some corn bread with butter for a little something extra with it

I enjoyed it and it was quick and easy and look how much it made

No comments:

@way2themes