Cinnamon & Sugar Granola - Having Fun in Colorado

5/15/2010

Cinnamon & Sugar Granola

So I decided it was time to make granola again.  Last time I made a huge batch and I'm the only one that eats it so quite a bit of it went to waste.  It hate that because I made a fancier mix with nuts and dried fruits and that was just more money in the garbage.  So this time around I made a small batch with no bells or whistles.  This way I can customize it as I need to.

So I didn't have a recipe, I'll estimate how much I used but it should be made the way you like it so feel free to change it.

3 handfuls oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 T honey
T orange juice
cinnamon & sugar to taste

I mixed it all up

Baked it for about 40 minutes at 350

And into a storage container and ready for the fridge where it was stay fresh for a month or so.  I love that I can make this instead of buying cereal at the store.

1 comment:

  1. This is great. My husband is a triathlete and has been inhaling granola by the bag-full! I'm happy that he's eating well, but not so happy about the dent his pre-packaged granola is putting in our grocery budget. I will have to whip some of this up and see if he can tell the difference! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

@way2themes