Crab Three Ways - Having Fun in Colorado

5/09/2010

Crab Three Ways

I opened a package of Crab Select, we're not really huge fans of it but it works out OK sometimes plus it's already in the freezer and I might as well use it to test recipes ideas.

So here is what I started out with, Crab Stuffing.  Like always it's filled with veggies, that were sauteed down.
3 whole mushrooms chopped
1/4 cup chopped red peppers
1/4 onion minced
1/4 cup ea. celery & carrots roughly chopped
3 chopped crab - 2 sticks thinly sliced
3 crumbled ritz crackers
t Garlic Powder, salt & pepper

Let mixture sit over night so the flavors can merry.  


I came across the Won Ton wrappers in the freezer when I was organizing the other day so I decided to split the package and try to make some fried dumplings.  I looked online for a filler recipe so I had a starting point.

Won Ton Filling
1/4 cup cream cheese - softened
2 sticks crab - sliced thin
T soy sauce
T garlic powder
3 T minced onion
T dried parsley

I made batch number one last night, since I knew I wanted to make them for Pete when he got home for a snack before dinner, I wanted a test run to taste them.
I wasn't sure how I wanted them folded.  My original plan was to keep them as triangles but the folded version fried up really good.

Here they are all golden brown, fresh out of the fryer

Here's the filling

I re-seasoned the filler today since I thought they were a little bland last night plus I added a small handful of the crab stuffing again for the veggie content.  I had only fried up four last night so I took one of the leftovers and a freshly assembled one for a taste test.  I don't know how but the ones from last night have more flavor.  So maybe the few hours they're chilling in the fridge will make the flavors more pronounced.  

This morning I used some of the crab stuffing to fill my scrambled egg with some veggies and I figured the crab would be better than cheese and it really did add some decadence to the meal.  So here is Crab & Egg Burrito with Fruit

So there it is, Crab three ways - Crab Stuffing, Crab Dumplings & Crab Burrito

1 comment:

  1. Reposted from FoodBuzz - 4/9/10 7:07 pm
    The Ardent Epicure said:
    Sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete

@way2themes