Peach & Blueberry Crisp - Having Fun in Colorado

5/09/2010

Peach & Blueberry Crisp

I was in the mood for something sweet and decided to use up some of the frozen berries that I picked up over the winter.  I had to make room for the fresh organic ones I'll be able to pick up from the farmer's market soon.  I'd rather have those in the freezer anyway. 

So I looked around at a few sites to get ideas and I came across a Crisp recipe from Martha that was super simple that I used from my base.  My first step was to cook down my fruit in a little bit of butter.  I went with sliced peaches and a handful of blueberry to add some color.  To sweeten it up a bit I added a touch of sugar and cinnamon.

I took some oats, T flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter to make the crisp topping.  I layered it in a glass loaf pan and threw everything in the oven and baked it until golden brown.  I was so surprised with how quick and easy this was and boy was it good.  I can't wait to make it from fresh fruit. 

I've basically been trying to freeze the things I'm making to see how they'll taste thawed out.  These were really good.  So it'll be something I make often.  Here is the plated cobbler with a little bit of whip cream.

2 comments:

  1. Re-posted from FoodBuzz, 5/10/10 8:39 pm
    CulinasCookingSchool said:
    This looks delicious! May I use your recipe in one of our cooking classes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, let me know if you need a more detailed ingredients list. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

@way2themes