Carrot Cake with Mixed Berries and Walnuts - Having Fun in Colorado

3/29/2010

Carrot Cake with Mixed Berries and Walnuts

Since I knew Pete and I wouldn't eat a million cupcakes I decided I would take the majority of the carrot cake batter and make a loaf of cake we can take on the go when we ski this week.

Here was the batter that was left over from the cupcakes

To that I added the dried mixed fruit.  A combination of cranberry, blueberry and cherry with some walnuts.  Not too much and it added a little bit of protein to an otherwise sweet and carb-y dish.

After greasing the pan everything was ready to go into the oven

I was in such a rush when I took it out of the oven that I cut it without thinking I should take a pic of the final product first.

But I am so happy with how it came out that it doesn't matter.  

2 comments:

  1. Looks easy to make and delicious to eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That it was, I can't wait to make it again maybe this time from scratch.

    ReplyDelete

@way2themes