3.28.10 - Having Fun in Colorado

3/28/2010

3.28.10

Pete was meeting up with some friends later to skin so we headed out to Breakfast.  Back to Marion's again and this time I had my camera ready when the food showed up.  Pete had the same as last time, Chicken Fried Steak

Since I was in the mood for eggs Benedict Pete suggested that I get it the way he had it in Taos, with Pork Green Chili instead of Hollandaise.
I don't know what it is around here, but no on can poach an egg properly.  They overcook it every time.  The chili was decent.  Not as good as New Mexico chili according to Pete which I totally believe.  Doug always said he missed the Chili and actual chilies the most.

I've got a few ideas for dinner so I guess it will depend on if Mark and Tara hang out here for a bit until traffic gets better.

So I threw together some snacks for when Pete and Mark were done skiing.  Tara drove up later since she was at home today.  Mark said she's stressed from all the work for her Grad degree so I'm glad we can have them over to relax a bit.

I threw together some appetizers.  Olives, Crackers, Jelly Belly's for something sweet

Some Antipasto, Roasted Red Peppers, Artichoke Hearts, Shaved Parmesan Cheese

I made some Lemon Rosemary Parmesan Focaccia Bread

I made the rosemary olive oil, zested some lemon and brushed the bread and topped it with grated Parmesan cheese.  Then I broiled it until crispy. 

I did make dinner but Pete made his own plate and I didn't take a pic of mine.  I'm planning on eating it for lunch tomorrow so I'll take a pic then and add it to the post.

I did make some cookies to later on.  I don't think people here are used to the way I entertain.


No comments:

@way2themes