3.29.10 - Having Fun in Colorado

3/29/2010

3.29.10

For dinner tonight we actually ate the kielbasa and lentils from last night because Pete was heading out to Black Hawk to hang with Emil and play some Wii bowling.
I decided to stay home and get some stuff done since it looks like we're going to Beaver Creek tomorrow to ski.  I'm excited since it's the only resort on our pass that I haven't been to yet but we'll have to be up super early since it's the furthest from our house.  The best thing is that at 3:00 waiters in uniforms come out with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.  I can't wait! 

So for our appetizer tonight I was inspired a bit by the movie Julie and Julia
 that I watched again yesterday while Pete was out skiing with Mark.  In one of the scenes before she started writing she made this bread with what looked like red & yellow peppers.  So here is my take, I used some olive oil to crisp up the bread.

I chopped some marinated artichokes and roasted red peppers and piled in on the bread.  I topped it with grated Parmesan cheese.  It was so good.

I had been marinating some steak I took out of the freezer and it was ready to hit the grill.  I'll say it again, but I can't wait until we have a backyard so we can have a real grill. 

The indoor grill doesn't do too bad of a job, You can see the grill marks but it's just not the same.

I heated up some brown rice that I had in the fridge, sliced the steak and added my grilled veggies.

No comments:

@way2themes