3.15.10 - Having Fun in Colorado

3/16/2010

3.15.10

Today Pete and I went to: 

 We ended up in the free lot and took the bus over to Peak 9.


It was a gorgeous day but it was also the start of spring break so the mountain was totally packed.  There was lots of people learning to ski or skiing out of control.  Those are always the most terrifying days.  Pete gave a quickie lesson to a guy who was trying to snowboard who was stopped near us.    He asked "How can I turn?" and Pete told him his issue was the two inches of boot hanging over his board.  No matter how good you are you will fall when your boot hits the snow.  Still he decided to keep trying instead of going to the shop and getting it fixed.

We saw some interesting "Gapers" today but one took the cake.  Pete had left his phone in the car and was carrying mine or I would have taken a closer picture because I have no shame when it comes to this blog.

 Since it's hard to see the girl in the pink jacket that is wearing something I have never seen before....a pair of skirted snow pants.  Now it's the reason I wanted a picture because I didn't believe it when I first saw it.  Pete and I couldn't figure out how you ski that way and what company makes them.

I did a little research and it seems that she was wearing pants with this


over it.  I just don't get it. 

I was so beat when we got home but I did really good today.  My new set up, which is better for carving, is awesome.  My turns are getting much better, faster and quicker AND I was making it through the flat spots without having to unstrap and walk which puts me in a horrible mood.  

Pete made some wings and we watched 24, where all hell broke loose, and called it a night. 

No comments:

@way2themes