Misc Cooking.... - Having Fun in Colorado

2/03/2010

Misc Cooking....

So I haven't kept up with the blog as much as I wanted to but here are some of the meals we've made in the past two weeks, in no specific order....

Since there are soooooo many great restaurants that we left behind in NYC I've been trying to replicated some of our favorite things.

Fried Pork Cutlet - S&B's Williamsburg Brooklyn
Here is my take. It came out pretty good and I even made homemade apple sauce to go with it.















Channa Saag - Indian Row - East Village
One of my all time favorite dishes. Who doesn't love chic peas and spinach? I was really happy with how this turned out and can't wait to make it again. If only I could make naan from scratch. Maybe someday.















Mozzarella Stix
This isn't from any place in particular but now that we have a deep fryer we needed to test it out on something. They came out great and it was great to have a fryer with a basket so you don't even need to drain on a towel.
















Orange Chicken w Chili's - I was in the mood for Chinese and instead of hitting up the Chinese place in town I grabbed one of the box meals from the grocery store. Came out OK but the stuff you used to make it is so easy to replicate I'll be trying this from scratch next time.















Spinach Lasagna - Needed to make some room in the freezer so I pulled out the spinach and whipped this up. I had some hot sausage left over and Meatloaf so everything got chopped up and thrown in.

No comments:

@way2themes