2.28.10 - Having Fun in Colorado

2/28/2010

2.28.10

After all the fuss this morning I tried to take my aggression out on something productive so I decided to sort the CD cases.  In our rush to move we didn't take too much care with the CD's when they were packed.  If there were loose ones and there was room on a spool that's where they went.  So after checking all the cases this is what we have to find disks for.

 


The other day I made Pulled BBQ Pork in the Slow Cooker. 
I served it over garlic bread with fried onions on top and a side of Broccoli.  If Pete had been here I probably would have served it with rice.


I didn't have a recipe but the instructions are below:
Chop up 1 onion and 1 pepper then sautee until soft.  Take 4 leftover chops and pull them apart until they are all in small pieces.  Mix ketchup, yellow mustard, vinegar and brown sugar until you get a sauce you like.  Add everything to slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours.  I added more vinegar 1/2 way through to soften the meat more and because the sauce was too sweet for my taste.   


I felt like I've been slacking on cooking anything creative so I decided that I would make some mini no bake cheesecakes with fruit.  

This is a recipe that mom makes and it's so quick and easy and lite that it was perfect for dessert.

I took cream cheese, cool whip, splash of vanilla & some natural sugar and blended it until it was fluffy.
I'm not giving any measurements since I only made enough for two servings.  Just eyeball it.

We have another Birthday today too, February is a busy month.  I know I missed quite a few people but I am focusing on anyone who might be reading this so.......

Happy Birthday Bob!  Hope you had a great day

No comments:

@way2themes