2.19.10 - Having Fun in Colorado

2/19/2010

2.19.10

Today Pete drove Ron to the airport. It was nice to have a familiar face around. Too bad I only got to see him for an hour over breakfast then they had to leave. Pete said the roads weren't too bad from the snow yesterday. It was snowing a bit more today but nothing really piled up.

For breakfast I made the guys Scrambled Eggs, Hash Browns, Orange Slices and Bacon that I burned somehow. I totally forgot that it was Friday and that means no meat! So Pete gets a pass this week. I added a reminder to my calendar on my Blackberry so I won't forget again.

Since I'm trying to be really healthy for lent I've started re-reading Naturally Thin by Bethenny Frankel.



















I've forgotten a lot of the tips from the first time I read it so now I'm motivated. When I had my breakfast I had a boiled egg with Hawaiian sea salt, red grapes, herb salad with lemon & olive oil.















The Sea Salt - This is by far the best thing we brought home from our Honeymoon.




















I'm not sure where I heard this but Amy's Organic Chili, which is really the only store bought soup brand we eat lately, is supposed to be really good on top of a baked potato. I have an overflowing bowl of potatoes that really need to be used so I decided this is what we would be having for dinner tonight with some veggies.



















When I went to the store they didn't have exactly what I was looking for. I came across a red beans and lentils in a tomato based sauce. It was pre-packaged which I would like to avoid in the future but it was organic and had no preservatives so I gave it a try. Everything came out great and I really enjoyed it, I think Pete did too.















I topped the potato with the lentils and a touch of shredded cheddar cheese and some lite sour cream. Pete's dish, shown above, has grilled chicken with his broccoli and cheese sauce. We had some queso sauce that was almost empty that I warmed up and used to top the veggies. All in all this was a 450 calorie dinner. Not to shabby.

No comments:

@way2themes