2.26.10 - Having Fun in Colorado

2/26/2010

2.26.10

Happy Birthday to John Charette, he's the one rolling on the ground BTW.


Pete and I got up early to go skiing today again at A-Basin but....before that we called the Birthday boy just so he knew we didn't forget about him.  He must have taken a well deserved day off cause we had to leave a voice mail.  

We had a quick breakfast and out the door we went.  Since I took a ton of pics last time I left the camera at home.  Traffic was crazy busy.  According to Pete Friday's are usually like that.  We made a quick decision to pull off the highway and stop for breakfast at one of our favorite spots, The Hard Rock Cafe, not to be confused with the well known one, to let traffic cool down.  According to what I've heard this restaurant existed before the other Hard Rock and they had to let them keep operating under that name.  After another quick talk we decided to get right back on I-70 in case traffic got worse.  We plan to head over there and enjoy a nice breakfast sometime this weekend when we can relax and have nothing else to do.  It took forever with the traffic but we finally made it.

We did pass some hitchhikers at the pass but we couldn't stop today.  The roads were messy and the truck drags when we pile people and gear into it.

When we started getting ready In the parking lot we noticed that a girl a row in front of us was a Ver-monster.   Since she didn't get rid of the east coast plates on her car yet so it was an easy tell.  When we got to the lift and started strapping in she skied by us she saw that I had a Smugg's sticker on my board.  We had a quick chat since she assumed we were from VT also.  Turns out we both learned to snowboard there so it was a nice way to start the day. 

We only took a few runs, totally my fault. My left calf muscle was killing me and then I started getting major foot cramps in my right one.  It was a total mess.  I was on the top of the mountain with my boot off trying to massage it so it would stop but every time I tried to get back in my boot more cramps.  We made it down and headed home.

The altitude has really been messing with me lately when we go to the Basin.  I had a killer headache and was nauseous.  I rested for a bit at home and we headed to Wal-Mart.  I parked next to a truck that had this on their back window, lol.  


The people of Colorado are pretty funny.  You really never know what you're gonna see.

To get in the fashion spirit of Colorado I had the intention of grabbing a cute flannel shirt (kinda sounds like an oxy-moron, I know).  Instead I found this cute dress on sale and only had to pay $5.


When we got home we were trying to set Pete up with some sort of file transfer system for his upcoming session.  He was so happy, and still is, that he got the Skype user name:

Petedeboer
This picture is crap I know but I wanted to get a shot of it. 

So that was it for the day.  We ran a few other errands but nothing to write home about.  We're in for the night and will just be here watching the Olympics, I can't believe it's almost over, and having leftovers for dinner.

No comments:

@way2themes