Frisco BBQ - June 18th - Having Fun in Colorado

7/23/2010

Frisco BBQ - June 18th

So we headed to Frisco to check out the BBQ festival that they hold every year.  I was pretty surprised with the turn out. 

We grabbed some tickets and started to look around for something that we wanted to try.  Pete wanted some wings and Billy Gomers had them. 

They were really good.  1st round anyway, we went back for more and to try another sauce but they were a little underdone.

I love a shrimp skewer so we headed over to Vinny's

Here it is, it was OK

Here is the stage they had set up with live bands all day

We kept wandering around and came across a few funny things.  This vendor I'm not too sure about.  I lived in Brooklyn for 11 years and never knew that we had our own style of BBQ.  But I guess this guy knows better.

Of course there was a mechanical bull

But this was the best, everyone needs more cowbell

When we got back to the shop to eat we heard that the pig race, that was set up next door to us, was getting ready to start.  Since I was in disbelief that this was really happening I had to take some video.
 

Later on we ended up getting more food since we were both still hungry.  It was nice to have sushi again but no where near as good as Wasabi, the local sushi place near our old place.

No comments:

@way2themes