7.2.10 - Having Fun in Colorado

7/02/2010

7.2.10

Again, I know I've been slacking off.  Things here were going good, or so I thought, today.  Tomorrow is my first day of doing sales for WOA.  I get to hang at the 16th Street Mall in Denver and sell the shit out of some rafting trips.  So that was the good part of today.

Pete just called to tell me that all these restaurants that I've been applying to have an issue with me being a food blogger.  What I was told is "They just want someone to take food to a table".  How is it that my ability to write makes me unable to serve food.  I could do both and really who wouldn't want some free publicity, we are in a recession.  I have to say that I've never been in a place with so many haters.

Tom, my bartending instructor told me that my passion for food would help me get a job in a restaurant.  Since he's actually a successful entrepreneur and ran the best restaurant in Denver for 16 years, I'll be taking his advice.  I just can't believe the nerve of people here.  Is it my fault that they are intimidated by the things I've accomplished? I've busted my @ss to achieve what I did AND they don't even know the half of it.  My experience has been cut down to things I was doing when I was 20 years old.  There was also something mentioned about my NY attitude.  How is smiling and being nice a NY attitude?  If I keep being treated this way by people I will be more than happy to bring Brooklyn to Summit County.  Just wait until we move there and I don't need to work for anyone but myself!  The lack of social skills here are baffling.  I know it's the mountains but come on!  Hopefully we'll head back to civilization soon cause I'm dying here.  

No comments:

@way2themes