Red Rocks! Finally! - Having Fun in Colorado

7/23/2010

Red Rocks! Finally!

So we got tickets to the Pepper/Offspring/311 show at Red Rocks the other night, thanks Saint!  Anyway, Pete had to work so he got home and we headed down to Golden for the show.  I've been dying to get there and of course it was pissing rain.

We picked up our tickets but we needed to meet up with Pepper after their set for our backstage passes.  We headed up the steps to watch their set.  I've only seen them once before but they always go a great show.

I have to say that this is the most gorgeous place to go and see a show.   As you can see it was pretty packed by the time we looked for seats but it was a good angle for a shot of the stage. 

It's only polite when waiting for free passes to be patient.  I learned a very important lesson that day.  Never try to look cute for an outdoor concert in Colorado in inclement weather.  I thought that my wedges were a great idea and very practical but my back is still throbbing and it was Tuesday night that we went.  I had Pete take a picture but it was raining so hard it came out horrible.  I looked like a drowned rat in heels.   I can't believe I wasted time straightening my hair.  Lesson learned, but still a good time.  

When we got backstage I tried to take a few shots from the sound booth but it was hard and with that much equipment and water I didn't need to get electrocuted.
The crowd was huge
This is the rock that surrounds the backstage area.  It was hard to get a shot since we were so close up.

But it's breathtaking at night

The Offspring were great.  They played all their hits and I've never seen them live before.

I took a quick video but since the lights are facing us there really isn't much to see but you can hear some of it.


Here is 311 at the start of their set.  All in all a pretty good night out. 

No comments:

@way2themes