Near Disaster - 10.15.10 - Having Fun in Colorado

11/16/2010

Near Disaster - 10.15.10

So as usual Alex came over for Sunday dinner & wine and we planned, since I have Monday off this week, to hit up Breck for our first day of the 2010 season, so she spent the night.  It was a powder day since there is a storm moving thru and our road hadn't been plowed yet but we needed to get moving. 

We headed up the little hill to the main road and I told Alex the story about this couple that I was laughing at the other day who couldn't get up the hill.  The trick is you can't stop at the top. Of course, me and my big mouth, there was traffic and I had to stop.  Not normal traffic, like 1 car, but a snow plow and 3 pick ups.  I had to back down and since I was lazy and didn't put my backseat down I didn't have the best view as I had to back down and try again.  I ended up in some powder and it pulled me toward the ditch.  Thank god the plow showed up 10 minutes later and Andy & Sheila were home to help. 
We ended up tying a rope to the frame of my car and Andy's hitch on the 4 runner and after much inching around we found the perfect angle that wouldn't ruin the bumper and I was pulled to safety.  It's a good thing I stopped when I did cause I was inches from the ditch.  Like I said, snow tires are now essential. 

No comments:

@way2themes