The Snow Got The Best Of Me.... - Having Fun in Colorado

11/16/2010

The Snow Got The Best Of Me....

 
(This is what I would have had to do to get to work today.  Too bad I don't have cross country skis yet)

And almost everyone else for that matter. I was getting ready to go to work when Sheila got home and told me not to even think about getting on the roads. I'll admit I was nervous when I had gone out earlier to brush off my car and there was almost a foot of snow on the road and no plows in sight. I called the restaurant and they said it was dead so I didn't have to come in. Pete ended up calling right after that and telling me I couldn't go anywhere. Him and Andy had been stuck on the Gondy and even with his 4-wheel drive he was having problems staying on the road. Sheila said that she's never had to drive in anything like this before. It was so bad, she was only 1 exit away when the storm hit, that she missed our exit off the highway and got off just before they closed everything down. I-70 was closed from here to Evergreen, 15 miles east from where we used to live and 45 miles, at least, from here. Crazy!

No comments:

@way2themes