10.15.10 - Having Fun in Colorado

11/16/2010

10.15.10

So after our first adventure we headed down to town to get Alex's pass and head up the Gondola.  The 4 person chair was packed so we opted for Chair 5 that took us to an Easy/Green Trail.  I know when I started snowboarding getting off the lift was the scariest thing that I had to do.  My mistake was that the 2 person chair we were on didn't detach and therefore didn't slow down for you to get off.  I tried to get a picture of the hill you ski down.  You start at that hut and thankfully from the storm there was a pile of powder to fall into when you get down that slope.

Alex grabbed a shot of us before we headed down for our first run.  I'm not sure why but every pic I've taken lately I look like crap.  I think I might have been talking when this was taken. 

And here is Alex in Pete's helmet and Jacket.  We tried to improvise and it worked out. 

We looked like twins in out denim snowboard pants.  She was doing so good, flying down the mountain with no fear but has decided that pads are a good idea.  And I'm glad we had a spare helmet cause I really don't think you realize how much you would slam your head with out it.  Until the next day that is when your neck is killing you. 

No comments:

@way2themes