1.15.10 - Having Fun in Colorado

1/15/2010

1.15.10

Pete and I had a relaxing day at home today. Both of us are feeling a little under the weather so no snowboarding today. It's a bummer to miss the Ullr fest but there is always next year.

Pete has been doing research all day for the gear he needs for his avalanche class that he's taking in February. Trying to find the best deal on snowshoes so he can get practicing.

Today I'm making Banana Oatmeal Cookies and tonight for Dinner: Breaded Shrimp, Grilled Zucchini and Coconut Jasmine Rice. We have a few errands to run in town but then it's into the kitchen.

Continued......
We went to Idaho Springs today and hit up a few shops to see if anyone had a split board for Pete's training next month or one we could turn into one. At the consignment shop Pete found a great thin jacket for an extra layer for only $8. We looked at a pair of Flylow Pants but decided to wait on them.

On to Clear Creek Outdoor where I found the best skateboard! Pete's been telling me that to get better on my snowboard that I'll have to start skateboarding. So today I found one that I really like. I walked out of the house today without my phone so they best I could come up with for a pic is this:



















We went a little further down the street to the Fly fishing shop where we found the same pants that Pete liked at the consignment store for $270. We turned right around and bought him the same pair for $52 thanks to our locals discount ($54 original).

After hitting up the main strip, lol, we headed to the grocery store to grab a few things and while we were there we picked up the local papers. The Clear Creek Currant was a total waste since the Help Wanted section had 3 job listings. The other paper the Canyon Courier that had at least 1 job that sounded decent. So after grabbing our newest Netflix from the Post Office we headed home.

Nothing on the schedule for tonight just hanging out, making dinner and watching Lost in Translation.

No comments:

@way2themes